Thursday, February 21, 2008

Adios!

America said goodbye to Amy, Joanna, Colton and Garrett tonight. So I guessed right on 2 of them. And Simon continued his booger ways by kicking them when they were down. Not exactly the American way, but then again, he's not American...did I just say that?

I suppose being mean just because one can doesn't sit well with ol' idealistic me. Maybe some of these will never hit superstar status, but they worked hard to get a spot in the top 24, so that's saying something. And if they continue to work hard at their art, maybe they'll actually get a living out of it. All I'm sayin'.

Phwee! Feeling a bit feisty tonight, lol... So. What did you think of tonight's send-off?

4 comments:

Jana said...

Amy Davis definitely deserved to go - it was painful to listen to her. The other girl didn't surprise me too much. The guys, well, it really could have been any of six or seven of them - too many of them gave a mediocre performance. And while it certainly wasn't nice, I have to agree with Simon - they're probably not going to make it as professional singers. I'm not saying I thought he should have said it, but I bet all three of them were thinking it!

Julie Carobini said...

Yeah, Jana, now that it's morning and I'm fresher, I have to admit the performance weren't very good. Simon just has such a bad stage-side delivery though...;0

Dionna said...

I usually agree with a lot of what Simon has to say - it's just the WAY he says it that is the problem. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a wedding singer, singer on a cruise, etc. the way he acts like there is. So many people would give an arm and a leg to make a living out of their passion.

Amy said...

I'm not too terribly crushed as I know I will eventually be in future send-offs! ;)