Monday, May 21, 2007

Overheard at jury duty...

So I mentioned that last week I had jury duty. Did I mention what a real yawn of a day it was? I got dismissed from one jury selection, but they were only looking for an alternate. An. Alternate. Twelve of us in there to interview for a spot that might allow us to vote should one of the real jurors keel over in the middle of the trial ;-)

As I was saying, it was pretty dull. Unless you're a writer, looking for stories, like moi. In that case, it was fairly exciting because I overheard the following in the jury waiting room:

--A medical professional who treated clients at home--until a neighbor turned said medical professional in.
--A chatty clairvoyant.
--A spouse ditching work to hang out with their spouse on jury duty.

...and more. Needless to say, I'll be busy writing this week, lol.


Speaking of writing, check out this Publisher's Weekly article profiling five new authors, including Kathryn Cushman, whose debut novel, A Promise to Remember (Bethany House) releases in the fall. Check out her list of favorite authors (she says, blushing profusely).

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love, love, love eavesdropping at the courthouse!

Better than watching reunions at the airport.