Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The tours have begun!

Notice the calm and collected look on my face? That's pilates, yoga, and a couple of jogs on the beach, baby! Booksignings are great ways to meet fellow readers, but oh how I stress beforehand. Will anyone show? Will everyone show? Lol ... that's why I've taken up "extreme exercise" to de-stress beforehand.

See that man on the right? He's holding a copy of my first Otter Bay Novel, Sweet Waters. Never met him before but he came up to the table with his sweet little daughter and we had a fun discussion about our experiences on the central coast. After a while, he bought all three titles: Sweet Waters, A Shore Thing, and Fade to Blue, with plans to give each one to his wife. I believe he said the first would be Mother's Day, the next her birthday, and finally, Christmas. How fun is that? (Hope she's not reading this, though, or I've blown the surprise!)

The lady to his left is my friend, Helen, who stopped by after her company's corporate games down the street. Another successful signing at my neighborhood B&N store. Had a good time ... and then we had Chipotle for lunch :-)

I'll be signing again this coming Saturday, May 14, 11 to 1, at the LifeWay store in Brea, CA. If you're in Orange County, please stop by and say hello! You can find deets on the events page of my website.

As for my virtual tour, I'll be at Carlybird's Home through tomorrow. Carly's a reviewer with a fiction-packed blog. I hope you'll stop by to learn more about Fade2Blue, and to also meet Carly!

Have a beach day, my friends ~ wherever you are ...

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

Hi Julie
I am reading Fade to Blue right now and it is great! Will there be another book in this series?
Brittanie

Julie Carobini said...

Hi Brittanie,
I'm so glad you're enjoying Fade2Blue. No others planned for the series, but I wouldn't mind doing more. I am writing a book now that's set farther up north ... hope to be able to announce that release soon :)