Monday, December 06, 2010

Great holiday reading continues!

Last week I picked up Leanna Ellis' newest release, Facelift. Sooo good, my friends! I love the tagline: In life and love, we could all stand a few nips and tucks . . . I know, right? Leanna dedicated this novel To all the women who feel like they don't measure up to the "Proverbs 31 Woman" Guess this means I've finally had a book dedicated to me.

The story's about Kaye Redmond, a "can do" single mom whose aggravating ex-mother-law lands on her doorstep after a botched facelift. Add to that little inconvenience an angry teenager, an ex-husband who's hard to figure, a hairy, sloppy dog to care for ~ and a possible prince charming! As the back of the book asks, How's a woman supposed to find happily-ever-after with all that going on?

I loved the twists and turns in this story, and the way Leanna wove faith into the characters' lives. I even had to fight tears during some all-too real poignant scenes. In Facelift , Leanna Ellis has written an entertaining read with lots of heart.

Learn more about my southern friend Leanna at her website. Have a beachy week, my friends ~ wherever you are :-)

No comments: