Wednesday, December 01, 2010

A day in a garden

Mom and I spent yesterday wandering the gardens and sipping champagne at The Huntington in San Marino. Lovely dah-ling, just lovely.

When we took my girls last time, we all fell in love with the subtropical gardens where ducks followed us around like we were loaves of bread. Today my favorite spot was the Japanese Garden. Truly bucolic (without the shepherds). We wandered around bends, across bridges, through a bamboo forest, and alongside an authentic Japanese home. The Huntington is usually closed on Tuesdays, but they opened for a special members-only Christmas bash with lush gardens, concerts, fancy wares for sale, and free champagne. Very grey-poupon ;) Good thing Mom's a member or I'd never get in, Lol

Here's to playing hooky. May your holidays be filled with oodles of down time, my friends ~ wherever you are.

No comments: