Thursday, February 19, 2009

On Idol, colds and God's prodding

Anyone else disappointed in the revamped American Idol format? By splitting the group into three smaller entities and having only 12 compete against each other at a time, the results show gave off a rather lackluster sheen. Since I'm on west coast time, I think I'll just skip the next two results show and sign into Twitter instead where for several brief moments, all the back east folks are chatting up the winners. (Btw, yay for Alexis, Michael and Danny!)

Other than that, I've been sick with a nasty cold since Monday. Various family members have been fighting it as well. Strangely enough, this has grounded me so much that I'm actually getting a bunch written on my next Otter Bay Novel. After the morning rush, I pretty much climb into bed with my laptop and lozenges, and pound out thousands of words. Of course, just about everything else that needs doing has been neglected (ack).

In addition to the laptop and lozenges, I've also kept my Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman Bible Study on my nightstand. Most mornings, I work on that first. Yesterday, though, I toyed with jumping right into writing when a niggling--you know what I'm talking about?--prodded me toward doing the study. Here's the funny part: when I picked up my study book, I found some very cool writing notes beneath it. The night prior, I'd made myself some notes about the novel I'm working on, and then promptly forgot about them.

So the moral of the story: Pick up your Bible study book, because you just may be surprised by what you find :)

5 comments:

Ronel said...

I can't tell you how many times something similiar has happened to me.. now I made sure to read my bible study or bible each morning (first thing after making coffee that is..lol)

Sarah Wylie said...

Yeah, the new format isn't really working for me so far, either.
And, lol, about the Bible study book! I'll take your advice:)

Anonymous said...

HI! I gave your blog an award, come get the details.

http://lynnrush.wordpress.com/2009/02/21/honest-scrap-award/

Anonymous said...

I know, right? I want Matt to get through the tough round. Matt Giraud. The piano player.. :D

Hey. I'm actually wanting to make Truffles by the Sea the topic of my book report due next week. I hope you'll allow me to since it's one of my favorites. Can I ask what's your nationality? If you're asking it's because the book report should be about a novel written by a British/American author. Please please help me on this one. Thanks a million times!!

Julie Carobini said...

Awww, Rianne, you made my day! But I'm not sure if I can make yours. Let's see, I'm American of Mexican, Czech and Italian descent. If it helps, though, I've been to London, Lol...