Monday, February 16, 2009

Confessions of a movie-holic

Nothing like spending the weekend watching trippy movies. Life's been busy and stressful lately, so when a chance for R&R presented itself, we grabbed hold of it. This weekend, while our teens were off at winter camp, the rest of us (hubby, Elementary Girl, and I) biked along the beach, ate toooo much (thanks Dad for the heart-shaped box of chocolates--it's almost gone!!!), and watched various movies.

Ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I'd seen it before, but hubby hadn't, so we watched it on Valentine's Night. I know, weird. Underneath all the strangeness, though, is quite the (dysfunctional) love story. It's one of those movies that you need to watch a couple of times to catch all the layers and clues. Adaptation is another movie rife with odd-ness. While I usually prefer romantic comedies or Austen-style films, sometimes I'm in the mood to jump out of the box.

Elementary Girl and I also saw a movie together: Pink Panther 2. Pretty predictable stuff, but c'mon, it's Steve Martin--and who doesn't love him? Especially as clueless Clouseau, and with that ridiculous French accent. LOL!

Later today--provided all the homework gets done--the girls and I are hoping to hit the theater together, this time to see Confessions of a Shopaholic.

How about you? Have you been running around like crazy this fine double-holiday weekend, or have you found time to kick-back and hang with the ones you love?

3 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

My weekend was movie-filled too, lol. Shopaholic was a fun, girly film. Also saw He's Just Not That Into You and My Best Friends Wedding (again).
Have a good week!
PS: Have you been keeping afloat the Idol boat?

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Sarah,
I ended up seeing Shopaholic, but the girls sat up front so I had to sit with a couple of teen boys who prefer the back row. The boys begged me to sit with them--they thought 2 guys watching a chick flick would look weird, Lol...

And yes, I've watched every minute of Idol. Not sure why I haven't blogged yet about it--probably cuz I twittered instead ;)

This week oughta be good, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

OH yeah. We had a great time with family up in Sedona, AZ. Then with having Monday off, I watched a few movies.

LOVE movies!