Monday, July 28, 2008

Fashion faux pas

So I'm in line to check out at the orthodontist's office this morning when Teen Son points at the woman in front of us, and laughs. She's a brunette, and she's wearing jeans, black flip flops, a black and white sleeveless blouse from Ann Taylor, with a black tank underneath it.

I was wearing the Exact Same Thing. I kid you not.

We giggled a lot, she and I, but neither of us mentioned that our blouses, acknowledged to be from Ann Taylor, are at least a year old. Yeah, great minds think alike...

(P.S. Finishing up next novel today, so I'll be blogging about writing tomorrow. Have a beachy day--wherever you are!)

5 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

That's funny! At least you're not in high school where it's a total embarrassment to have that happen, LOL! I've been there. Small town shopping.

Ronel said...

That is too funny!!lol

Congrats on finishing the book!!

Brenda said...

It's funny that your teen son noticed. (I like Ann Taylor Loft).

Wow, congrats on finishing your novel already!

Julie Carobini said...

Actually, B, it was Ann Taylor Loft. My bad. :)

Angi said...

Yesterday I had a few spare minutes, and an Ann Taylor Loft coupon. So I decide to stop in there and use it. I was kind of embarrassed though - becuase my pants, shirt, jacket and purse were all Ann Taylor Loft - I felt like such a wannabe!