Tuesday, July 24, 2007

American Idol, pros and cons

Attended the American Idol Tour on Sunday in Anaheim, and let me just say, this was the cleanest, tobacco free, gang free, drug free, tat free (except for Blake, that is) concert I think I've ever attended. People were nice. They were friendly. They couldn't dance.

Seriously

We had tiks in the center, surrounded by people who clapped politely and stayed in their seats. What's up with that? Kind of wanted to snag them by the collars and shout, "It's a concert, people! Shake that boo-tay!"

Didn't have to, though, cuz our group of four girls took the lead on that anyway :) The guy in front of Elementary Girl had obviously been dragged there by his girlfriend. (He was the exception to the friendly concert goer comment.) Mr. Too Cool was snotty and disrespectful to the performers (not that they could see all the way back there). So I took a strange sort of delight every time Elem Girl screamed her signature high-high pitched squeal right above his ears. Mwahhhh...! She was there to see Chris R., and everyone around us knew it. Don't even get me started on Teen Girl and Friend. The squealing, the swooning, the incessant picture snapping, the "down in front" from the gal behind them. LOL--good times. At least by the four of us.

Okay, about the concert. It rocked. The Idols (that sounds so bad, doesn't it? I mean, we're not supposed to have those, but you know who I'm talking about, right?) Anyway, the singers gave us a great show, strutting and singing and some even playing instruments. And except for our rather quiet section, the rest of the stadium cheered and waved cell phones and even hollered for an encore. Ask the girls, and they'll of course tell you that Chris R. did the best. I'm not getting between them on that. Was also impressed with Hayley, LaKisha, Melinda!!! and of course, winner Jordin Sparks.

Fun show that I'd recommend to anyone--as long as ya don't just sit there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one brave mama! Did they let Blake beatbox? That's all I'd want to see!

Chaos-Jamie said...

I might have to get me some idol time if they come here!

I posted the recipe if ya want it.