Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tour de Coast--Day 1

Every few seconds I can hear waves crash just outside my window--I'm that close to the beach right now. Mom and I hit PCH this morning, and let me just say, coffee on the road is just the best. We stopped something like three times. Maybe this is why it's nearly 10 pm and I'm sitting here in my hotel room showing no sign of slowing down...

Anyway, one of my favorite stops today (and there were several good ones) was at The Book Loft in Solvang (a touristy town north of Santa Barbara known for its Dutch history, complete with wooden shoes and fabulous pastries. And by the way, the chocolate rum balls ROCK!) The proprietor didn't carry my book, so I gave him one along with chocolates and postcards. He laughed and said something about "bribery."

Hey, whatever it takes. Seriously, I'm so glad for his staff's warm reception because I've stopped in that bookstore for years, and I'd love to see Chocolate Beach lounging on its shelves. Hopefully soon...

Up tomorrow: four planned stops and time to wander where the road may lead (hopefully that would be the beach, lol)

2 comments:

Damselfly said...

Your marketing strategy is not only brilliant, it's FUN!

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

That chocolate making placce in Solvang is the PERFECT place for your book! Hey, maybe the bribe should be to mention his establishment in the next book. LOL

Becky