Monday, May 03, 2010

Out of my routine

So I like to think of myself as this laid back beach chickie who can move with the waves, but the truth is I'm more tied to routine that I'd like to admit.

I usually get up in the morning, throw on a robe and flip flops, then make my youngest child's lunch (the older ones fend for themselves). But today the kitchen was abuzz, so I switched things up. I decided to get myself ready first with plans to make her lunch when everyone else was done. Only I forgot. And because of some weird school scheduling, I had to take 2 kids to 2 different schools at about the same time. Rats.

Thankfully I'd already swigged a latte so I flew into action, smearing p'nut butter on bread, wrapping it up and tossing it into a bag while flinging instructions to pre-teen girl about other things to add. We then made the trek to the two schools, making it to the second one with several minutes to spare...ahhh!

My daughter Angie took this photo of a sea turtle floating around at the aquarium in Denver. I'm kinda envious of that little guy right now. Know what I mean? Lol ...

Have a beachy day, my friends ~ wherever you are :-)

No comments: