Monday, May 31, 2010

thankful ...

Dan had business in wine country on Friday, so I did what any smart wife would do and went with him :) Wandered around downtown Napa waiting for him and his business partner, then the three of us slid into the only open spot at Bouchon, a very French ooh-la-la kind of restaurant in Yountville. I mentioned this to my sister-in-law, who's in the know about Napa, and after gasping she said, "How did you get in there without a reservation?!" All I can say is the guys were wearing their power suits...so maybe that had something do with it. Lol...as for me, I was just lucky. Had lobster bisque over crab cake for lunch and enjoyed every sip/bite!

After a whirlwind couple of days touring through Napa (lots of cheese and chocolate at Dean & Deluca!) and Sonoma (lunch on the plaza!), we flew home Saturday night, landing in Burbank. My new nephew "Luca" decided to show up a week early, so D and I drove straight from the airport to Cedars-Sinai hospital to meet the little bundle. Ahhh...so precious and cute-cute-cute!

Today is Memorial Day, and we're home, flying our flag proudly. As we landed the other night at the airport, the flight captain reminded us to remember those in the military who gave their all for us ~ and to offer up a prayer for them. That's exactly what I plan to do this day. Have a beachy day, my friends ~ wherever you are.

No comments: