Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Summertime 'boardom'

Since Teen Kids are out of town all week, Elementary Girl hoodwinked talked hub and me into a perpetual game of Monopoly. Of course, we don't play your average Monopoly around here, but the Surfing Edition (what were you thinking?). It's been set up on the dining room table for going on 3 days now, and may I say, it's starting to get ugly. Desperation set in last night for one of us (nameless, of course) who began under the table negotiations for property, tsk, tsk.

Aside from that dark moment, this version makes me want to go on vacation--or better, own rental property in exotic locales. So far this week I've been to Waimea Bay, Cloudbreak, Bells Beach, Pipeline and Teahupo'o. Good thing I'm going on vacation in a few days...or else I might become bitter. Lol...

Even if you don't get away this summer, tell me you pull out the ol' games and have some lazy day fun that doesn't involve computers, plasmas, the wii, cellphones or ipods. Quick--what's the last board game you played?

3 comments:

Ronel said...

We usually play uno in our house when it is just me and the hubby. We have tried playing scrabble recently and it got VERY ugly... not good is all I can say.

We like to play spades with another couple every few weeks, it's a lot of fun!!

Brenda said...

Apples to Apples and Scrabble are my two fav's.

I miss playing Candyland when my son was a little guy.

Julie Carobini said...

I love Scrabble, Mrs. Sidney, but yeah, baby, that one can get ugly! Have no idea what spades is though.

Ah, B. Candyland. How fun is that. I've got a baby nephew now so I guess I'll have to wait a few more years to play that one again.