Monday, June 11, 2007

monday randomness

Wisdom-filled remark of the day, by Teen Son: "It's best not to cook bacon without a shirt on."
~
I've consumed more chocolate in the time it's taken to write Chocolate Beach and Truffles by the Sea, than all the rest of my years put together.
~
I never had the privilege of meeting author Jane Orcutt, but from what I've read, the world became a better place with her in it. Jane passed away recently, leaving behind her husband, two teenage sons, and a many writing mentees. To honor her, and to help her family, friends of Jane have launched a new website showcasing her books. So sweet. Please go take a look.
~
And I leave you with this. My brother, Mike Navarro, is an animator and the co-owner of renderRocket. Mikey just sent me the latest project from George Lucas. If you love old musicals like I do, you. must. see. this.:

George Lucas has digitally re-mastered and restored the American classic Singin' In the Rain. The way Gene Kelly originally intended it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well that video is a big hit in this house!!! :)

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL it's best not to cook bacon without a shirt on! That's a great line. May we assume it'll make it into a book?

Hope you have great chocolates on hand, all things considered. Aren't those subliminal--or not so subliminal--messages powerful?

Deborah said...

lol loved the random tie fighters in the singing in the rain scene. and the jabba popping up out of nowhere "gotta dance"