Monday, December 05, 2011

View of the Hudson

Teen Daughter's college apps are in, so now we wait. I say "we" because college-planning-and-decision-making has become a family affair. We sent College Boy off to LA a couple of years ago, and here we go again. Only this time, instead of a two-hour drive away, our eldest daughter wants to live in or near NY. Sigh. All but two of the schools she's considering are far, far away.

I don't know how I'll stand it.

But I do know this: she's not getting rid of us that easily. We've got skype and frequent flier miles--and we're not afraid to use 'em.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

That sort of looks like West Point. If it is, that is my hubby's alma mater. :) My kids are fast approaching college age and all I want to do is bury my head in the sand. Thank goodness I have a few more years.

Julie Carobini said...

Hi, Betsy ~ Actually, this is Marist College. We saw West Point from the train. VERY imposing--as it should be! :)