Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hee-hee ... almost done

So my editor and I keep trading these fun emails about my next book, which I'm so excited about by the way. See, we're in the final stretch of getting this baby out of the bathtub and into something sweet smelling like typeset pages and a cover. Not the final, final, but the advanced reader copy (aka ARC). This is the book that's sent off to reviewers everywhere along with a lot of prayer that they'll LOVE it and say so in time for the book's release next May.

So the other day, one of her comments in the margin used the phrase "for charity's sake." As in, "For charity's sake, why don't you do this?" LOL I made the change she suggested, laughing all the way. As it turned out, she didn't mean it the way I read it and left my original verbiage intact.

See why it's so good to have a sense of humor, people? Writers have the worst self-esteem at times (take it from one who knows), but sometimes we just have to shrug our shoulders and laugh. And then hope that somebody out there somewhere laughs back.

p.s. Happy Birthday to my sweet pre-teen daughter! Age twelve today!

2 comments:

Sharon Leaf said...

I'm laughing! And happy birthday to your daughter! And I finished my novel! I'm researching publishers, and considering an agent. Isn't writing a time-consuming business? Who'd thought--duh.
Oceans of blessings, Sharon

Julie Carobini said...

Yay for you, Sharron. Yes, an agent is a must! Go for it (if there's a conference in your area with editors/agents in attendance, go for that too :)