Monday, March 15, 2010

A bit of Italy in California ...

After the first day of beach soccer, we stopped by my brother and wifey's house in Venice. They live near the canals, which were created in the early 1900s to be reminiscent of Venice, Italy. My brother proposed on one of the bridges ~ oh so romantique! Until a few years ago, I'd never been there. And I grew up near LA so that's just weird. But now I've been to the canals twice, and love 'em. You can stroll along and say hello to people chillin' on their back decks. Very pricey area but also kind of understated and quiet.

Of course, just a few blocks away is Venice Beach. Which is anything but understated. For instance, a clown on stilts crossed a busy street in front of us, but I was in too much awe to snap a picture ... Lol

More on the Venice Canals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Never been, but would like to one day.