Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

I love a California coast sky after a rain. Had some rain (and wind and momentary loss of power) earlier this week, and the forecast says it'll be back tomorrow...with a gusto. So I'm dusting off my boots, and making sure my gloves are handy. Unlike other parts of the country, winter can be fleeting around here and we Californians don't always know what to do about it. I'm sure those in frigid areas would mock me mercilessly about all the snow gear I wear when it's cold outside. But whatever. Lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee hee. Okay, I'll mock you, if you want. :-)

Seriously, though, up here in the Boston area, it's been cold enough outside to keep your milk from spoiling. And tonight for dessert, we had sidewalks covered in slush (i.e., snow mixed with rain).

Taking the kids to church music practice tonight, I wore my standard jeans and black denim jacket. I don't remember what the kids wore outside, but it was probably on the same order. (The Little One, though, usually bundles up in a winter coat.)

It's just refrigerator temperature out there, not cold enough yet to really set the teeth a-chattering!

-TimK

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Tim, I failed to mention that my husband's from Pennsylvania and he can still wear thin layers this time of year (he's good about not mocking me though :). And our former neighbor from upstate NY used to wear shorts and a sweatshirt and make sport of the rest of the 'hood, Lol

Unknown said...

Right, I think you mentioned that before about your husband, but I had forgotten. I'm originally from Western PA, so I've been around snow in one form or another all my life.

-TimK