Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in the saddle again...

Since the holidays, my writing life has been in fits and starts. The great thing about working at home is, well, being at home. The hard thing about working at home is, um, being at home. Not complaining but the distractions (and food sources) are many around here. Kitchen visits aside, though, I suppose that with the proliferation of cell phones, it's pretty hard to avoid distractions no matter where your desk sits.

I bet you can relate.

So anyway, despite the wind and the barking and the desperate texts from members of my brood, the writing has flown lately (like the wind). The new characters are talking to each other and they're talking to me. Some are even bickering and pulling all kinds of stuff on each other. Great fun, I tell you.

As for Sweet Waters, which'll release next summer, I've received the last few chapter edits from Karen Ball, my editor over at B&H and here's what she had to say on Twitter: "The book came in strong, but now it sings!" Ya-hoo! Once this baby is put to bed, which'll be very soon, I'll be able to devote all my interrupted hours ;) to the next story that has absolutely captured my heart.

Such is life. We work hard, we celebrate, we move on. Here's to the next chapter--for all of us!

1 comment:

Ronel said...

I am glad to hear you are refocussing on writing. I have been slacking on working out since the holidays and I am hoping to get back in the saddle very soon.. I know I should have said today but I would be lieing because I have bookclub tonight and will talk myself out of working out.

Happy Writing!!