Monday, December 15, 2008

If you're ever in a jam, here I am...(sing it!)

So I drove 5 hours roundtrip yesterday to visit girlfriends I've known for more than 20 years. (That's three of us in the pic from our outrigger race last year--scary, huh ;)

Anyway, thought I'd make the drive, have a little lunch, then head back before it got too late. But no. Ended up staying at my pal Sharyl's place in Carlsbad for about 7 hours--eating, laughing, more eating, exchanging weird Christmas tree ornaments (seriously, the one I got is u-glee!)--before making the trek north in the dark (and did I mention the heavy rain?)

Ah, but it was worth it!

And something we don't do often enough.

Took a million pictures, and hopefully I'll have one to post soon (something to wipe that cheesy aloha pic out of your heads). In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this last week before Christmas, and that you can take some time to spend it with friends!

2 comments:

Ronel said...

That is a cool picture!!

The ornaments, is that a tradition to give u-gly ones?

Julie Carobini said...

Not exactly a tradition. More like a reflection of certain tastes, Lol... After more than 20 years it's easy to be honest with each other (I tried to get someone to steal it, but no go. Guess which ornament I'll be rewrapping for next year? ha.)