Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Love lifts us up...

Last season, seeing as the Bachelor was an Italian prince and that I'm married to a prince of an Italian myself, I couldn't help but justify watching all episodes of The Bachelor Rome. Turned out the whole thing was a bunch of hooey, so I decided to leave my soul in a better state, and avoid the entire new season altogether.

That lasted until three weeks ago when I cautiously caught an episode of The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman. The usual suspects were in place. A handsome (sort of) bachelor who for whatever reason hadn't yet found Mrs. Right, and three giggly women all vying for a fat ring and plenty of notoriety.

Only one of them wasn't all that giggly. Actually, she seemed reserved and even a bit skeptical herself. While the others kept "putting themselves out there" (the mantra of bachelorettes from years past and present), Tessa kept her emotions more in check than the rest.

It worked. Last night, after Tessa finally told Andy that she loved him, he bent that knee and proposed to her. Marriage, as in, forever. Yeah, I know it's just a show. And frankly, this isn't how it's done. But the romantic in me that swooned over that proposal last night, somehow, hopes that this one sticks.

3 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

We used to be totally addicted to this show. But now that my hubby works in the evenings I don't watch anymore. Also gave up Survivor. However, I have a new addiction to Survivorman and Little People, Big World. What is it about reality TV? We all know it's edited, but it seems so real!

Julie Carobini said...

Hey Georgiana--The grandparents from Little People, Big World are writing a book. Met them at Mt. Hermon this year. I really need to check that show out, and will finally have the time now that AI's over, lol...

Elizabeth said...

Over here from Holy Mama. We got suckered in to the last few weeks of the Bachelor, too, but really, isn't that all you need to watch? Nice stopping by your blog.