Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Changing seasons

So Elementary Girl often leaves homework until the very. last. minute. That'll change, starting today, because yeah, it's American Idol season. If ya know me at all, ya know that the girls and I (and the boys, grudgingly) are addicted to AI. We cried over Will a couple years back, and squealed over Ace and Chris R.--actually, the 'we' would be Teen Daughter--and oh, wasn't Melinda divine and Sanjaya, uh, not? LOL You can read about our adventure to see them LIVE and IN PERSON here.

Anyway, the rule, is that before TV--and especially before the uber-addictive American Idol show--all homework MUST be done. Elem. Girl's not taking any chances, however, and has already cleared away all saved Christmas programs, and over-watched Hannah Montana's, and cheesy Zoey 101s from our DVR, to make room for the first installment tomorrow night--just in case 4th grade math still hangs above her lovely head. (Of course, at hubby's command request, no saved NFL games were harmed in the quest to make way for American Idol...)

What a life. We didn't even get our first VCR until I was in high school (and I walked to school up hill, both ways!) Seriously, you miss a show, and that's it! Too bad for you! Ah well. One way or another, Elementary Girl will get her chance to see the show, proving that times really have changed.

Now, if only Simon would be nice this year. That would be a change!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie - I haven't commented in awhile, but I still enjoy all of your postings! As are you, I cannot wait for the American Idol tonight. I am cramming to get all of my homework done before classes tomorrow so that my even is free..haha!! Have fun and look forward to reading your thoughts following the show!:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like Simon is the "nice" guy so far this year...

Hope you don't read this before you watch it though. I forget you are a couple of hours behind me.

Julie Carobini said...

What is it about you Texans, VM? LOL My pal, holymama, gave away one of the endings a couple of years back and I've never. let. her. forget. it!!!

I think I'll have to have a no-email policy during AI nights, lol...