Thursday, April 05, 2007

When in doubt...

eat chocolate :)

Got up in the dark this a.m. and was interviewed on the radio, Kansas time. Had fun, only I can't remember exactly what I said. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I'm a night owl. This has been the problem when my pal Deb and I travel together. She's one of those It's-morning-and-the-birdies-are-singing kinds of gals, whereas I prefer to welcome midnight with an engrossing book, then sleep right on through till noon. Not like I can do it very often, but I'd prefer it.

Anyway, I'm nearly finished with Truffles by the Sea, and my heroine Gaby's a morning girl too. So you'd have thought that writing her would have prepped me better for my early morning radio stint. Sadly, no. If anyone out there happened to hear me and my groggy-I've-had-too-much-coffee voice, well, sorry, lol.

One thing I've discovered, though, about this getting up at 5-ish thing: by 8, it's practically mid-day, so you can eat chocolate with no regrets.

Nosh on...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! yum! Chocolate @8am. I'm lovin' it!

Dionna said...

Works for me!~ If you are sad, chocolate helps ~ if you are happy ~ chocolate helps ~ it's just an all-around friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julie. That picture alone sent me looking for the chocolate. But hey, I WAS up at 5 this morning, and I'm reading this at 10, so it's practically tea time. Right?
I wish I could have heard your interview. I'm sure you were great!

Anonymous said...

I would hate to think what I would say on the radio at 5 in the morning.

Chaos-Jamie said...

Where in Kansas? What station? I wish I'd known! Then I could reported back what you said.

Deena Peterson said...

When it comes to chocolate, my motto is "It's always time for dessert somewhere."

So, when will "Truffles" hit the shelves?? I need a chocolate fix of the literary kind:-)

Anonymous said...

fantastic title!!!