Wednesday, April 18, 2007

happy tears

Remember the opening of the old movie Romancing the Stone? Novelist Joan Wilder has just written the final scene of her latest romance and we find her sobbing recklessly over her typewriter (it was the mid-80s, people). I've always remembered that scene. It's sentimental, quirky, even kind of funny. So anyway, I mention this because I just wrote the final scene of Truffles by the Sea, my book due out in early 2008, and let me just say Somebody pass the Kleenex!

Here's to happy endings (but don't ask me what happens 'cuz I'm not tellin'). We could all use some of that, am I right?

***

American Idol update: If I were a betting gal--which I'm not--I'd say that Sanjaya's going home tonight. Nothing personal, but truly great talents are emerging on this show, so let's get serious here.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only hope you are right about AI.

2008...I don't know if I can wait that long!! :)

ohAmanda said...

Congrats on finishing!

I forgot about Romancing the Stone!

And please please be right about Sanjaya!

Geekwif said...

Good for you! Woo hoo!

Damselfly said...

Hey, high five! Congrats. I can't wait to hear more about the truffles book. And read it, of course!

From the movie....

"Are you THE Joan Wilder?"

"I cannot hurt my favorite pig!"

"Oh, man, the Doobie Brothers broke up." "Just how long have you been down here?!"

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks, Gals! We'll see very soon about that Sanjaya.

And HILARIOUS, Damselfly--I was just quoting the Are you THE Joan Wilder? line to my hubby the other night, LOL