Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Sentiments


Ever since the Idol Gives Back show last week I've been thinking about the images of suffering people. Pretty sobering show, don't you think? I'm glad the powers that be decided to do something positive with all that mula the show (and cast, and sponsors) rake in. Most people I know can't compete with that and never will, so I wanted to tell you about the organization my fam has given through over the years.

Through Compassion International we've been sponsoring children for more than 16 years. There are five in my family so for the price of two lattes each per month, we can provide meals and schooling for a child. Can't beat it. They've been awarded 4 out of 4 stars for fiscal management by Charity Navigator.

So there's my 2cents. If you're looking for a way to make a difference in a suffering child's life, here's a great idea for you. Easy as a few coffee trips a month.

2 comments:

PastormacsAnn said...

Amen! We've been Compassion sponsors since 1991. It's been the most amazing experience.

Chaos-Jamie said...

It's funny you compare it to coffee. I was thinking the same thing recently. I told some people that all our "giving" money was allocated and we just couldn't do more...and then I cracked open my bottled frappuccino (I at least went from the $4 to the $1 daily intake!). Just couldn't do more, eh?