Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday tidbits

Kidless this week because College Boy works at a summer camp (and lives there), Teen Daughter went to NY for a pre-college program (that's the "lunch" she and her suite-mates had the other day. Oy!), and Pre-Teen Girl is away at church camp. No pressing writing deadline at the moment either, so what a blessing to have so much time for my sweet mama who had to be admitted to the hospital a few days ago. She's back home now and resting (hospitals are terrible places for that!), so that's another relief.

Did you hear that William and Kate were in nearby Carpinteria? Many reports said they were in Santa Barbara, but the truth is, the polo club where William played is located in Carp, the next big town north of Ventura. Snobbery abounds around here, tho, because Santa Barbara apparently sounds so much more "Grey Poupon." Whatever!

Off to mail a package to my travelin' girl who will spend her 17th birthday in NY. Is it okay to admit I'm a bit jealous??! :) Actually, I'm thrilled for her. She's having a ball!

Have a beachy week, my friends ~ and drop me a line when you can.

No comments: