Sunday, July 24, 2011

3 bucks, 2 bags, 1 me ...

Had a party here on Friday night for College Boy's fellow camp staffers, a yard sale early the next morning, then picked up Teen Girl at LAX late last night (plane was two hours delayed). Today, I'm sick. Waaaa! I know people say that men are babies when sick, and women are toughies, but basically, I'm a baby. And my man does a good job taking care of me (Honey, will you pick me up some cold medicine and make me breakfast, lunch, and dinner? kthanxbye!)

At least I'm honest. I hate being sick (doesn't everyone?), and on days like this all I want to do is hide in my room with my remote and a stack of dvds and magazines. So glad it's Sunday and an "official" day of rest, because otherwise I'd be forced to face the world.

On a happy note, my daughter's back from her 2+ weeks in New York where she studied how to take the fashion world by storm. I'm seriously jealous of her. Okay, not. But happy. Really, really happy to see that she traveled on her own, made a ton of new friends, saw the sights of NYC more than once, and learned so much about fashion design from Marist College. You raise them up and hope they fly with confidence, and when they do? You get to breathe a sigh of relief ... even if it's a little wheezy from a cold.

p.s. Know where I snagged this title from ... ? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lord, we pray in the name of Jesus, to heal Julie from her cold and illness, may her body be empowered to fight the germs and may she be well soon. Amen.

Julie Carobini said...

Appreciate that soooo much, Charmaine! Thanks and blessings to you :)

Lucie said...

Awwww, I hope you are feeling a lot better today Julie! I'm praying for you also and its good to hear that your daughter made it home safely.

Julie Carobini said...

Still feeling puny, Lucie, but so glad to have my FB and blog friends to keep me entertained. Thanks so much!