Thursday, July 21, 2011

Start spreadin' the news ...

So Teen Daughter is still in NY on her pre-college trip (studying Fashion Design) and last eve, the college took a trip to the city. They visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and viewed the Alexander McQueen exhibit, Savage Beauty, had dinner at Ruby Foo's, then took their seats for a Broadway musical. Priscilla Queen of the Desert recently won a Tony for best costumes, so it was a natural choice for Fashion students to see. But what wowed my daughter was the finale because ... my cousin, Dan Navarro, co-wrote it. We Belong (remember Pat Benatar sang it??) is a song my fam can sing in our sleep! My kiddo texted me from the theater, beyond excited. I contacted Dan and it turns out that he and his son were in the theater the night before. Considering they live in CA, this is a mighty small world were livin' in!

Cheers, Friends!

No comments: