Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday mus-ings

This is Gage, my muse...and yes, I have a male muse. Gage appears in my next book, A Shore Thing, and he doesn't just appear and speak, he also thinks right there on the page. In other words, I wrote his POV (point of view). Sooo fun to be a woman writing what a man thinks. Oh, the possibilities!!! Lol

But I've moved on to the next book and my next muse couple. I found the purrr-fect pictures to represent them both (she's famous, he's not), and I'm having a ball putting words and thoughts and conflicting emotions into their heads. Feels quite diabolical at times, mwaa-ha-ha!

If only I could control my own life this well. A novel idea indeed ;)

1 comment:

Dan Navarro said...

Your comment,

"I wrote his POV (point of view). Sooo fun to be a woman writing what a man thinks. Oh, the possibilities!!! Lol"

This reminds me of that famous scene from the Oscar-winning film "As Good as it Gets" (1997), when an enamored young woman asks grouchy author Jack Nicholson:

"How do you write women so well?"

His irascible answer: "I think of a man... and then I take away reason and accountability!"

Cheers,
Dan