Sunday, June 08, 2008

Writing on Monday--Videos

Summer's here for some of you outside CA, but we're still in those last few days of rush with finals and a graduation and elementary school parties! (Calgon, take me a way, you know?) As a mom and a writer, I'm toiling to get in my daily word count while still being available for all that's on my plate. My deadline is my deadline. It's not going to change, so I'm the one who has to adjust, but that's okay because I've gotten used to it.

How about you? Do you work a job that you can adjust in the summer? How will you balance it all over the next couple of months?

Sorry if this post is a bit rambling...the blogging's the first thing to go when the hours become so filled ;) In addition to writing the next book, I'm also continuing to get the word out about my current babies. Remember this if you become a writer: just because you're writing something new, doesn't mean you can forget about what's already out there. Kind of like real kids, you know (ha).

Anyway, I've been playing with animoto.com lately, putting together super fun videos to let people know about the beach reads I've written. (Kudos to Teen Son's high school pals who posed with my books :)) It's fun and free and anyone can do it (trust me on this). If you decide to do one yourself, post the link in my comments so we can all check it out. (I learned about this over on Brandilyn's blog.)

Click here for the latest version of mine. What do you think?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Julie, Nice video! Such a catchy little tune too.

Ronel said...

Julie,

Your son posted a video on myspace and it was cute. I have been trying to get the word out. I'm actually going to give your book to a few friends as birthday presents.

My job is pretty flexible which is nice when you have a kiddo who is busy. I can only imagine how you handle it with three. Although I would love to have an addition to my family :).... all in His time not mine.

Have a great day!!

Ronel

Jana said...

Very cute!