Thursday, December 13, 2007

Writing is easy...

...it's the reviews that can be hard ;0

During a recent discussion with other writers, a friend told of a lousy, unmerited review she received. Of course, this got the ball rolling and other writers chimed in with their review sob stories. THIS one got to me, though, and with her permission, I'd like to share. Read on:

"I got mostly really good reviews for Petticoat Ranch. But there was a classic one-star that I copied and did a Find on so I could count the number of times the reviewer used the word 'disgusting'. Well, I put up with it as it appeared, word for word, on CBD, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and on and on. Until finally I'd had enough and I wrote to the reviewer and said, "Mom, if you can't say something nice about somebody, you shouldn't say anything at all."

LOL

You can visit the author of this "sad, somewhat fictionalized, tale" at MaryConneally.com.

p.s. Truffles by the Sea will be out in about a month. Go easy.

2 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

Okay, I'll go send all my blog visitors to you, Julie.
Uh, don't bother pulling on hip boots for the incoming flood. :)

Chaos-Jamie said...

Oh man, the good is ever so enjoyable, but those bad comments...make me want to quit writing.

I can't imagine you get the bad ones though, Jules. (Though if people can think of bad stuff to say about me....okay lame joke.)