Sunday, July 08, 2007

On Jesus and the enduring cross

Welcome Chicks!
Deena, also a chick, tagged me, so here we go:

FIVE Things I Dig About Jesus:

1. Jesus taught me to love stories (think: parables :)
2. Jesus died so I/we could live
3. Jesus showed us how to LIVE!
4. Jesus listened to his mother (think: wedding at Cana when he changed water to wine. He could have easily changed it to 7-Up, but no, he listened to his mother :)
5. Jesus is steadfast, devoted and infinitely patient (thankfully!)

Here are the rules:

1. those tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus…
2. those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers… I tag all BLOGGING CHICKS, if you're willing! See step #3 :)
3. those tagged will post a comment here with their name and a link to their “dig”

***

A Sunday shout out to all those who made it up to the Cross in the hills of Ventura last eve to worship God and light up the night with music and flashlights.

When that historic cross was threatened a few years ago by a couple of athiests, concerned citizens created a conservancy that eventually bought the property from the city. Today it's open to the public for events and visits--and the view is heavenly, I might add. By the way, Serra Cross Park makes an appearance in my next book, Truffles by the Sea.

HAVE A BEACHY SUNDAY, EVERYONE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I usually make a trip to the book store on Sunday afternoons, my curiosity will get the best of me and I'll just have to buy Chocoate Beach. Your titles are making my mouth water...Truffles by the Sea? Wow!
(Visited here from the Blogging Chicks Carnival)

Deena Peterson said...

Very cool! I knew you'd rock with this one:-)

So good to be blogging chicks...so much better to be friends:-)

Julie Carobini said...

Thanks for stopping by, gals!

Pamela said...

You changed your template since I was here last.....
I remember "chocolate beach" ....