Monday, July 16, 2007

?# Going on 30

Pre-Teen daughter's becoming Teen daughter tomorrow, so we've been on a chick flick kick (say that fast) all summer. So last night we caught one neither had ever seen, 13 Going on 30, and loved it!!! Jennifer Garner cracked us up, as did the fairly nauseating yet highly-accurate portrayals of the 80s MTV generation--not that I'd know anything about that. Ahem.

Anyway, I always did love Garner in Alias, and in this she's colorful and funny, and the story's pretty clean--uh, memo to Hollywood: we don't need (nor want) F bombs to be entertained! We watched one last week (except for the parts I muted and/or skipped through) that had the same rating as 13..., yet made me blush. Sheesh.

Anyway, we're on the hunt for more chicky films for our bonding experience. Old or new, let us know of your faves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

an affair to remember is always a good one

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'll have to rent that! I was thinking it wasn't clean because of the scene where she pops open the umbrella--the one they used in all the ads. Putting it on our list!

Stephanie said...

Emma
Pride & Prejudice
Anne of Green Gables
A Walk to Remember

Plus, there's a movie called "Enchanted" that is coming out in November that looks funny. You can watch the trailer at http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/enchanted/.

Damselfly said...

I loved that movie! The last chick flick I watched was The Devil Wears Prada with Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. Fun!

Hope her birthday is great!