Thursday, March 23, 2006

On Gettin' It Write, Um, Right

Just heard from my editor that suggestions for my next draft will be coming in a couple of weeks. Did I hear that right? Draft? Breathe, breathe, okay, I'm calming down. Not that this was unexpected mind you. Colleen Coble, although we've never actually met, prepared me for this moment quite well in her November 18, 2005 post. Go here and scroll down to see what I'm talking about. Anyway, as I told my editor, I'm curious/excited/nervous to see what the reviewers liked, and well, what they'd like me to work on.

My heart may want to run like the wind, but my writer's mind tells me to revel in being able to work with seasoned editors to make this project--and all the others to come--the best they can be. I need to do that for you and for me. So I'm swallowing that lurking beast of pride today and in Colleen's words, asking my editor to 'bring it on.'

I'll let you know how it goes...:-)

4 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

I like your new look! If I could only figure out how to set up links, I'd feel better about my blog and you are all beachy and stuff!

About edits, man, I think it would be tough, but there are many of us who would love to get to the position that an editor was willing to fix our books! I'd only cry three, maybe four hours per "suggestion."

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, Julie!

and do keep us updated on the whole pub. process - i'm fascinated. hoping to follow in your shoes one day, yaknow!

(AI went well this week, huh Angie?)

Geekwif said...

How exciting and how scary!! It sounds like you have a great attitude about it though. I think I'd be tempted to burst into tears.

I hope it goes well. I look forward to reading your updates!

Anonymous said...

Yah kelsey it's good

i am a little bummed that kevin left though

cuz i thought that he did REALLY good on his performance on tuesday

but america disagreed with me

lol

talk to ya l8er

-angie