Sunday, January 20, 2013

For the past few days here along the central coast, the waves have been larger than usual and crashing hard. We can hear them late into the night from our house down the block. Sometimes I sit outside at night with my husband and just listen. We don't even have to talk (I'm thinking he enjoys the reprieve ... ;)

I've got an incredibly arduous week ahead. Lots of work and engagements and I'm sitting here tonight wondering why I didn't do laundry ... Seriously, this is one of those weeks that I'm hoping will fly by. And, naturally, when the weekend shows up, I hope it will shuffle along like a snail.

In the midst of it all, I'm glad for the waves that remind me that there's something much bigger than me and my worries, someOne who rules over the surging sea and stills the mounting waves. All I have to do is listen ...

Here's to a beachy week, my friends ~ wherever you are ...

No comments: