Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hello from Pennsylvania

I'm sitting next to a picture window in my in-law's home, admiring the color of turned leaves and continuous drizzle. A far cry from the still-warm beachy neighborhood where I live in CA.

It's good to experience
how others live, I think. Early this week we were in uber-busy NYC, where all kinds of smells (good and, well, really bad) emanated from the streets. Lane lines are regularly ignored, as are Don't Walk signs and street vendors (Although I did snag a good deal on a really cute pink purse from one of those vendors--check it out above!).

For the past couple of days we've been in my husband's PA hometown, where most of the population comes out for the high school game (despite the cold), and the shops actually shut down for two hours (just when I had a hankerin' for a panini!) in order to hand out candy to little kids in a pre-Halloween celebration. Dorothy and Toto costumes would work super well here, whereas they'd probably be run right out of Time Square, lol...

Leaving for home tomorrow, where'll I'll be hitting the writing first thing. Had a conversation with my editor, Karen Ball, yesterday about a small addition to my next book, and I'm anxious to get it going. In the meantime, we're enjoying the presence of fall color, our big Italian family and all the provolone we can eat :))

2 comments:

Ronel said...

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and your family. It is super hot in So Cal today not much fall weather on the horizon either. I am however wireless and on a lap top now :-).. planning on starting to write more and hopefully finish some stories I have been thinking about.

Have a safe trip back!!

Chaos-Jamie said...

Okay sister with the Toto reference. I've been to Pennsylvania and Kansas it is not. You crack me up!

(You cover looks awesome, by the way!)