Saturday, February 09, 2013

Inspiring minds

Some people play music for inspiration ... others show movies made from classic British novels in the background ...

Hey, we all have our vices =)

I've been helping out a new friend as he creates a website for a ministry that has been burning within him for years. I've got some final touches to put on what I've written so far, so naturally, I popped in a DVD of P&P for inspiration.

I'm sure purists will wither at my choice of this more recent version - I'd be remiss not to admit my own affection for Colin Firth as the smoldering Mr. Darcy in the PBS version - but I actually enjoy Keira in the role of Jane. She's smart and conflicted and able to deliver killer lines with ease.

Kind of like me. Not. Ha ha ha. 

Back to those inspiring lines, all spoken in very proper British accents ... a writer's gotta do, what she's gotta do ...

No comments: