Sunday, February 03, 2013

Birds of a feather ...

These big guys have been flying overhead at the beach for days. That means: There's good eatin' in these waters. They fly so low and circle so long that Charlie the Dog and I often find ourselves ducking when they're overhead during our runs.

Okay, so, maybe I'm the one doing the ducking, mainly since Charlie's often more interested in searching under cars for cats.

Oh, but these birds are just sooo gorgeous. And with their wings spread, they're massive. Normal people would probably be scared off by their bravado, but I'm awed by them. So is my Dan. Today we stood watching them, pointing our cameras toward the water, then up in the air, then spinning around as we both tried to get the perfect shot, no doubt looking quite mental in the process.

Afterward, Dan watched the Super Bowl, while Teen Girl and I headed north to visit some of our bffs in Montecito. Such a very good day ...

Have a beachy week, my friends ~ wherever you are ...

No comments: