Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Final Night of Competition

The night begins with an ode to boxing. That guy who always says "Let's get ready to rum-ble!" starts off by introducing in this corner, David Cook (wearing a satiny red robe) and in that corner, David Archuleta (wearing a blue satin robe). Then the strangest thing happens--announcer guy says THIS...is AMERICAN IDOL. And I'm thinking, does Ryan know about this???

Our contestants come out with fightin' words pseudo serious faces and really nice words for each other. So much for themes....

***

I just watched David Cook sing his final song in this competition. Couldn't help but feel the emotion as tears ran down his face. He's multi-talented, a sweet soul, and cute to boot ;) Too bad Simon couldn't have been more positive on the final night. While he appreciated his voice, he didn't like the song. Who cares? Did he sing it well or not? (Is my annoyance showing?) Although he didn't blow me away like previous weeks, he's still my favorite.

***
Minutes later, and I just watched David Archuleta sing Imagine (not the dreaded first verse). Randy just declared him the best singer of season 7!!! And you know what? He sang so, so, sooo well tonight. All three songs rocked! Forgive me for sounding schizo, but I think he won the night. Good job, kid.

Now it's up to the voters.

***

p.s. "Hostage" this one's for you:

Tonight David C sang "I still haven't found what I'm lookin' for", "Dream Big, and "The World I Know"

David A sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me", "In this Moment", and a reprise of "Imagine."


3 comments:

Jana said...

David A. definitely won the night, but I voted for DC anyway. I re-dialed continuously from 9 until 10 and then again from 10:45 to 11:15 and I only got through 7 times!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh, you're so good to me! I was eating this up-- you have no idea how pathetic this season is for an AI junkie in Delayed-land. And am I crazy, or is the best season yet?!
Thank you, see you in the morning

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Well, I thought David A. won too, but I've thought he won all but two weeks of the contest. He has an amazing voice and such a feel for the songs he sings.

But the way Simon was talking, I started to feel sorry for David Cook.

My thinking is, the three judges didn't want to see the wrong singer win. I think that happened last year. I think the best singer didn't even make the final two. So they seemed noticeably more opinionated, helping to build up, say, David Cook, when others seemed to have a larger fan base initially.

Anyway, both David's have great careers ahead of them, it would seem. Still, it's fun to see who wins the popularity vote from last night.

Becky