Friday, September 29, 2006

We're full o' beans

So my friend Deb and I hit the 101 freeway this morning, a route that takes us along the coast to a tiny beach town just north of us. It's Deb's birthday, and coffee is how we celebrate. Preferably in large cups and far away from our disheveled homes. But the thing is, we both have kids, three each, who have to get to school first. Just to wake up enough to make lunches, drive the school bus, and look decent, we both have to drink coffee first. Which kinda defeats the meeting-for-early-coffee purpose, but we both do it, and neither one talks about it. It's understood.

So we sat outside on this breezy beachday, guzzling caffeine and laughing about nothing much. Later we strolled along, poking around in antique stores and surf shops until reality called us back home. It turns out that the kind of coffee doesn't always matter that much--today she was a decaf drip (and I mean that in the kindest way) while I sipped a vanilla latte--but it's the company with the java that makes the day just so much better.

So, what kind of coffee are you? Wanna find out? I took this coffee quiz last February, but it seems I've changed. Change is sometimes good, ya know? Take the quiz, then hit a coffee house with a friend. Do it soon.

You Are a Cappuccino

You're fun, outgoing, and you love to try anything new.
However, you tend to have strong opinions on what you like.
You are a total girly girly at heart - and prefer your coffee with good conversation.
You're the type that seems complex to outsiders, but in reality, you are easy to please



tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Vintage Wine said...

I`m Cappuccino too ;-) Oh, how I long for a cup of coffee in the company of my friends! I have to do that next week!
Have a lovely weekend!

Geekwif said...

I don't really drink coffee. I'm more of a chai girl. Anyway, they're telling me I'm a soy latte. Hmmmmm.

Yeah, you've got a bit of that healthy hippie thing going on
But you're more Kate Hudson urban bohemian than Phish groupie
You're worldly and well traveled.. and you know where to get the best coffee in town.
All your experience makes you a compassionate person - and a caring girlfriend.

Georgiana Daniels said...

They told me I'm a plan old cup o' joe. I'm not sure I could get more boring--I mean low maintenance--than that! LOL, fun quiz.