Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summertime blues

I have a confession to make. The kids have been out of school for nearly two weeks, the sun's a shinin'--but I've yet to make it to the beach. I live near the coast, and let me tell you, not lounging on the sand during the summer is just so wrong. I don't know what's the matter with me, but for some reason, I suffer from forgetfulness, meaning, I forget that every year I get all giddy waiting for summer, and every year I forget that I end up spending my days playing taxi-mama.

Not that I'm bitter. At least my left arm's nice and tan from ridin' around all day with the window down. (Big baby whine here.)

I'm thinking tomorrow I might find a free hour, say, somewhere between driving to and from VBS, waiting for the repair guy to show between 1 and 5, and picking up oldest from youth group. One can hope, eh?

Recent Reads:
Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock
A Garden in Paris by Stephanie Grace Whitson

I'll be hitting up the bookstore later this week to load up on more books and take said reads straight to the beach for some lazy day lolling. At least, that's my intent. (Note to self: teach kids that, unlike what I may have said in the past, loafing can be a good thing.)

1 comment:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I can't believe you don't go to the beach! I'd love to go to the beach, but we're landlocked. By the way, my left arm is sportin a great tan also:)