Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Seeing Stars ...

Last Friday I had the privilege of attending/working at an event to honor pastors, hosted by our local radio station, KDAR. Here's a shot of me with author and speaker, Greg Smalley. Note to self: Must call my hairstylist, Terri, stat!!! But seriously, Greg is hysterical and poignant, and that's a gift! If you ever get the chance to hear him speak--go.

Mickey Rooney ~ yes, you read THAT right ~ Mickey Rooney was in the house! Let me tell you, there's nothing like seeing an icon like Mickey stand and raise his hands to God as the band led us all in worship. Powerful stuff, peeps! (Just to clarify, in this photo, Mickey is waving at the crowd, not participating in worship, which happened earlier :-)

 


I also had the opportunity to pour tea for the lovely Margaret O'Brien, probably best known for Meet Me In St. Louis (but my dad, a film buff, will probably correct me about that!).

Today I was back to the drudgery of working in front of a computer screen. Not a celebrity in sight ... ah, well. No complaining here :)



No comments: