Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's come to this...

Had a little drama in our home this morning when an exchange between my husband and preteen daughter went something like this~

Dad: Your phone privileges have been terminated!

Daughter: Wha? Wha?

Dad: Your little sister tells me that last night you only voted for Will! (That would be an American Idol reference for those of you living under a rock. Will, by the way, is like 16 years old, and looks like Donny Osmond way back when.)

Daughter: I did not! I voted for others too!

Dad: Then why does your sister think you only voted for Will?

Daughter: Um.

Dad: (Fake evil eye here)

Daughter: I voted for him a few extra times.

Dad: How many?

Daughter: Um, 14?

Dad: You're in big trouble, Missy!

Pray for us, will you? The elimination show airs tonight...

11 comments:

Gigglin' And Screamin' said...

I have been wondering what other people out there think of the American Idol guys! Personally I like Chris the best, but Bucky, and I don't know the others name,( he's backwoods lookin) are really cool too. Can't decide. How bout you? Oh thanks for visiting my blog. Honestly I don't shave all that much, but let's not tell anyone!:)

HolyMama! said...

i'm all for Taylor and Mandisa! (I'm so sorry, Julie's Daughter, who reads this, but i was hoping Will would go...!)

Anonymous said...

MRS HOLYMAMA (my mom told me to call you that i wanted to call you kelsey though)

how could you want will to go
i am getting sad

i voted for taylor also and i voted for mandisa
i want giddeon and i don't care if kevin leaves tonight

but i don't want Will to!!!!

he probably wil but i will just have to live with it

-angie

HolyMama! said...

ok Angie (you can call me kelsey or Kels or holymama or Mrs. Whatever!!), i'm sitting here, and as soon as they announced that he was going, I thought OH NO. Julie's daughter is going to blame me! but I'm with you on all the others. Like Gedeon, Mandisa and Taylor, but really I'd kinda like Kevin to go. Even before WIll, to be truthful. DOes that help???

HolyMama! said...

oh no. i'm watching right now and it's bucky or gedeon. whaaa?

Anonymous said...

Thanks kels (i like calling people by nicknames i am not sure why though)

i guess that that makes me feel a little better

one of my friends at school wants Kevin to stay but i told him that since he was in the bottom 3 last week he will probably leave

i guess that he could care less though

thankies,

-angie

HolyMama! said...

oh no! it was gedeon! I liked that guy.

sorry julie. sort of took over the comments section in order to talk to your daughter. oops. but man! this was WRONG!

Anonymous said...

hey kels

it's ok

my mom doesn't care

gedeon left huh?

-angie

Julie Carobini said...

I'm feeling kinda left out here, ladies...

:-)

HolyMama! said...

i cannot believe i did all that on Texas time and blew it all. Oh, i'm still horrified. Kels.

Julie Carobini said...

HM,
Okay so your penance will be no computer time on AI nights from 6-9 pacific time :-)

--j